Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas ornament!

Usually every Christmas, my family would go to Singapore or Kuching to celebrate it, but this year, there has been a bit of change. Our relatives from Singapore are coming to our house to celebrate. And what's a Christmas without a Christmas tree?! So my mum dug around our store rooms and found our old little Christmas tree. But sadly, all the Christmas ornaments are broken in pieces. We decided to head to a nearby mall to buy some new ones. But you guys should have seen the price! It cost like RM15.90 for ONE piece of ornament! That's crazy! When I look closely at those ornaments they're made from card  boards or some kind of recycled things. That's when it hit me! I should make my very own Christmas Ornaments!
And that's what I did...



The making of gingerbread man!

The making of The Angel
( my mum said it looked like a bee)

Mr. snowman's hat!

Mr.snowman....half-done


And here's the result!

Don't worry, that's not our Christmas tree..
I'm just testing them out!


Let us welcome....Mr.Gingerbread Man!

Don't forget....The Angel...
( I'm not fully satisfied about this one)

And my favourite...Mr.Snowman!


Of course, there ornaments are not enough, I will make more soon....But the good thing about them is...it costed less than....RM 1 to make! 98% of them are made from recycled items!*sigh* they're really hard to make....took me about 3-4 days!  I had to let those news paper and tissue dried...its part of the process of....Paper Mache!

No comments:

Post a Comment